Monday, November 8, 2010

Textile and Fiber Artists United!

"Ornamentals: #6"  ©2009  Diane Evans  5" x 7"
(for sale in my Etsy shop)
I’ve recently joined a terrific on-line organization of talented men and women; it’s titled the Textile And Fiber Art list and is the brainchild of artist and computer wizard Rachel Biel of Paducah, KY.  TAFA went live on February 1, 2010, and members include artists, gallery owners, suppliers, and other fiber/textile people.  As Rachel states, “Our common connection weaves us together: a love for textiles and fiber art, new and old, traditional and contemporary.  Some of us sell them, some of us make them, others collect or design with them.  All have an established web presence.”
Our group has recently launched an Etsy team comprised of TAFA members who have Etsy shops.  The goals of the TAFA Team include: helping our Etsy sellers reach a larger market and increase sales; encouraging each other to grow and improve our shops, marketing abilities, and product development; and growing and building on TAFA’s inner community to create real relationships within our group.
One of the promotional tools that Rachel is trying out is a blog written by members of the TAFA team.  Each of us is invited to submit a post from time to time, and Rachel rotates us into the blog.  You can click here to see an article I wrote recently.
Rachel added the video clip – if you have a few minutes (and you don’t mind Barry Manilow), take a look at this lovely video.  It made me fall in love all over again –  bear in mind, however, that I’m a huge Manilow Maven.
Want to see more or learn how to join TAFA?  Just click here.  You’ll find the energy is contagious and the members are incredibly talented and supportive.  Come join us!
Diane

5 comments:

Rachel Biel said...

Diane! How wonderful! What a great plug for TAFA. Thanks for doing that... Hey, I am no computer whiz... I learned it the hard way and hopefully can make the process less painful for the rest of you!

We do have a wonderful group and I truly love your work! Woo hoo!

Quilt Rat said...

Looks like an incredible space to showcase some amazing talents. I plan to return when I can spend some quality time there. I am certain there is inspiration everywhere!

Just a side note Diane.....has something changed? all of my emails as of late are bouncing back. Seems like they are not reaching you.

Confused and a little concerned....hope all is well my friend.

Calicojoan said...

Your post is lovely, and the video that was added is so inspiring. It makes me want to crawl into my studio and never come out. :-) Best wishes to your group. Sounds like a great way to come together in a love for the arts. I aspire to get to that level some time in my lifetime and I will be keeping an eye on you for sure! No threat though! LOL!!! Thanks for your constant inspiration!

Bee said...

I love your quilt, Aspenglow. Your quilting is exquisite! I enjoyed your lovely article, the video and Barry Manilow, especially after your sharing the story behind the song. TAFA sounds like a wonderful group!

Cathy said...

Hi Diane - I love your Aspenglow quilt and read your article on TAFA - very nice.

I actually joined TAFA after reading your blog -- Rachel does an incredible job. Lots of resources - I'm looking forward to it! Thanks for passing it on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...