Saturday, August 30, 2008

A New Presentation

I wanted to find a way to present the quilts from my Notebook Series ( my weekly Journal Quilts) in a more prominent setting for the show at eba Art Gallery, since the pieces themselves were only 8" by 10".  I took artist canvas that measured 11" by 14" and wrapped it with hand-dyed fabric, stapled to the back.  I then framed each quilt with a fusible binding and mounted it to the canvas with a combination of decorative beads sewn at each corner.  The finished piece can be hung as is or placed inside a purchased frame to add even more dimension.  These quilts are shown on my website, www.DEsignedbyDianeEvans.com, and are for sale at prices ranging from $75 to $90.  Be sure to visit the site!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...