Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An Early Holiday Present . . .




. . . from me to me! (And don't I deserve it?!) I found a shop on Etsy.com, called Dye Candy, through a link posted by Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works. The owner, Chris Daly, sells some amazing hand-dyed fabrics, and I absolutely couldn't resist this gradation called Autumn Colorways. An idea for a quilt has been percolating in my brain for a while now, and these colors should be just perfect in the design.
And what a treat to receive the package! It really was an early Christmas present. Chris sent along a card with this beautiful photograph attached to the front and a hand-written note inside, as well as two lollipops for my sweet tooth (how did she ever know?).
I always wash my hand-dyeds just in case there are any residual dyes left behind, but I needn't have worried with these -- Chris does an amazing job with her rinsing process, and these fabrics were totally colorfast.
Visit her shop when you get the chance -- you won't be disappointed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that I could help with your early gift!! I love what you chose too. Doesn't she have some great fabrics.

Deborah said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

JMack said...

Etsy is the best! :)

Quilt Rat said...

Fabulous colours, might take a little courage to cut into them. Looking forward to seeing what they will become.

Tracey said...

Oh they are delicious. I saw Jackies link ... guess where I'm heading over the weekend!

imquilternity said...

Ummmmm....orange! One of my favorite colors! These fabrics are absolutely gorgeous...so color-saturated. Wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...