Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting ready for the show!

This is one of the first quilts I made using paper piecing, and I decided to include it in the upcoming show at eba Art Gallery, starting June 6th.  Paper piecing involves printing out a pattern for each block and stitching the fabric directly onto the paper pattern.  This quilt was a wonderful exercise in value placement, and I learned a great deal about composing my own gradations of color so that the effect is one of smooth transition -- I didn't always succeed in accomplishing that goal within this piece, but I learned what not to do as well as what will work.  I'd love to make this quilt again and improve on the gradations -- I've already added it to my Life To-Do List.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...