Sunday, January 25, 2009

"It's My Party . . .

 . . . And I'll give, if I want to!"  Having recently reached my 60th birthday, I decided to celebrate by giving something away.   Borrowing an idea from artist Marilyn Rock (with her permission), I'm offering an opportunity to receive the 5" by 7" quilt, "Ornamentals #5," pictured at left, as my gift and a way of saying "thank you" for following my blog.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this blog or send me an email at Diane@DEsignedByDianeEvans.com  and let me know that you're interested in winning this piece.  On Friday, February 6, I'll enter all the names I've received into a drawing, and the winner will be announced on Sunday, February 8th.  I do hope you'll participate in the fun and help me celebrate this milestone ("If I had known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself . . .").

6 comments:

JMack said...

Diane-- I didn't know you were such a talented artist! These quilts are gorgeous :) I would love to be put in the drawing, it is such a generous act! See you at 22, Jessica

Pat Spillane said...

With my February birthday coming up quickly, I just wanted you to know how clever it was that you selected the Amethyst color. Thanks! It's scrumptious!
"Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me; I hope I'm a winner, Happy Birthday to MEeeeee!"

Jack's Mom said...

I am enjoying reading your blog this morning with my cup of coffee. Inspiring words and beautiful work. I'd love to win that gorgeous burst of color to warm the winter months.... sort of like a vase of flowers that never wilts!

Happy Birthday!
Carrie Spillane Martin (Pat's daughter)

Nancy Schlegel said...

Hi Diane-Pat sent me your announcement about the blog give away so I had to check it out! Lovely colors-purple is a favorite of mine for clothes but I haven't used it in quilts. I also wanted to mention that your ad in the American Style magazine caught my eye with the vivid colors. Looks like you're being very busy with promoting your quilting-hope its successful

Nancy

Unknown said...

Diane, it was my problem with my google account, not your blog page at all.
Snow day today - time to craft, oops I mean watch the children!!
Happy Birthday to you and please include me in your drawing!

Karen A said...

Diane - I'd love to have your piece in my collection. I had no idea you'd been blogging all this time. Very nice display of your work. And nice of you to support your fellow artists.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...