Sunday, January 11, 2009

Want to beat the Winter Blahs?

The best cure for a case of the Blahs is a dose of artful color, and one place to find that remedy is at the Broadway Art Center.  Beginning January 16th and ending on March 18th, members of the Colonie Art League will be exhibiting and selling their works at the art center, located at 488 Broadway in downtown Albany.  I'm proud to be a new member of this organization, and the exhibit promises to showcase artwork in many different media, including: oil, pastel, watercolor, and acrylic paintings; photography; fiber arts; and art cards and prints.  Pictured above is a piece from my latest series, "Wallflowers: #1;" each work is loosely based on a floral design from my dining room wallpaper (which has since been removed by my husband -- when you see him, ask him how much he enjoyed that process . . .).  The alternating petals in the flower were fussy-cut from the same piece of material, a commercial fabric line by Benartex designed by Caryl Fallert.  It was great fun playing with the colors -- I felt my child-like Right Brain overpowering the rigid, dictatorial Left Brain as I cut and fused the pieces, and I found myself giggling each time I stumbled upon something serendipitous that pleased me.  Contact me at Diane@DEsignedByDianeEvans.com if you'd like to purchase "Wallflowers: #1".  And be sure to stop by the Broadway Art Center to see the entire show -- check www.colonieartleague.com for dates and hours of exhibition.

2 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love the bright colors of all your great artworks! Wonderful color compositions.
Hugs Anja from germany

June said...

Superb artwork on this. I just love colour and this one brings a breath of fresh air
Hugs June

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...