Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've Got a New Attitude . . .

I read a wonderful article in the newspaper today, and it inspired me to adopt a new outlook on the season.  I shall no longer face the winter months with dread.  I shall embrace living in the Northeast and learn to love the chill of January as I do the changing leaves of October.  On days like today, when the sun is shining and it isn't sleeting, I'll pile on three layers of clothing, pull on my Kamiks (l-o-o-o-o-ve those boots), and take my four-legged assistant, Doyle, and HIS assistant, Heather, out for a walk.  I will suck in all the Vitamin D that I can through the few square inches of skin that are exposed, and tell myself that I'm getting healthier by the minute.  And, maybe, spring won't seem so far away after all.

But to help me remember what spring feels like, I'll continue to play with the brightest fabrics I can find in my stash and make something, however tiny, to brighten my day even more.  The little quilt above measures 5" by 7", and it's always so gratifying to finish a piece within hours of starting it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...